SALTO solutions are in use around the world in educational environments, including universities, university housing, schools, research institutes, academies, kindergartens & elementary schools.
We like the ease of use and capability of the SALTO software as it helps us get maximum benefit from the technology whilst providing a secure environment for all our students and staff.
Peter Evans, Operations Director, Queen's College, UK.
Providing a safe and convenient environment for pupils, students and staff:
- Differentiate easily who has access and when to such different places as offices, residences, laboratories, libraries, athletic and cultural facilities, common areas, etc.
- Distinguish access not just by physical location but also by duration, easily managing access for short-term guests (i.e., conference attendees), contract and temporary workers, as well as staff and students.
- Integrate access control along with other campus services (i.e., cashless vending, canteens, library systems, transportation) all on one credential.
- System flexibility permits the easy change of access plans thereby facilitating the individual programming of certain installations for conferences, sport and cultural events, etc.
- In emergency situations, the local lockdown feature allows authorized users to put SALTO electronic locks into stand-alone lockdown mode.
Special SALTO features for Education
SALTO AMOK electronic escutcheons have a built-in card reader on the inner escutcheon. This inner reader enables users to activate the AMOK function mode in order to lockdown a room quickly. Only authorized users with AMOK privileges on their access plan can activate it.
Automatic key assignment
Automatic key assignment allows keycards to be encoded directly via a wall reader at the main point of access. This can be done the first time a user presents a card, saving time, hassle and the need to queue for card validation.